Last Updated on February 7, 2021
The swollen foot is one of the painful conditions that can be really hard to withstand during the working hours and it is majorly contributed by our lifestyle; hence, it is important we keenly put ourselves under the radar to avoid extreme conditions that might jeopardize our daily activities. Therefore, it is vital to take care of our feet with maximum measures to keep it healthy.
And in this post, you will get the top 7 best slippers for swollen feet, designed for men and women both. Come and pick the suitable types based on the given guides!
What Are the Best Slippers For Swollen Feet on the Market?
How Do Slippers for Swollen Feet Relieve Pain?
Slippers for swollen feet are designed with comprehensive features that allow your feet to be more comfortable thereby reducing the pain. Below is how they help to reduce the pain;
- The sole is made from high-quality materials with foam that absorbs your weight pressure thus relieving pressure build in your toe, arch, and heels.
- The insole is fitted with a thick memory pad that completely conforms and contours to your feet shape for customized fitting and retain your feet shape. Besides it also helps to relieve feet pressure build-up and improves your support for healthier posture.
- Some have adjustable straps that allow you to adjust them for customized fitting with your feet pressure; this helps to keep your feet in their comfortably without causing them to feel tight and stuffy, thereby reducing pressure build up in your feet.
How to Choose the Best Slippers for Swollen Feet?
Suppose you are suffering from swollen feet condition due to external and internal factors you should carefully take your time to choose the best slippers that will suit your condition since there are a lot of slippers in the market that do not meet guidelines to fit your condition. Therefore, before you settle to purchase it you should consider checking on the factors listed below;
• Adjustable Velcro Fastening
Whenever you pick or you want to buy a pair of slippers top suit your condition it is essential to get slippers with adjustable stretchy velcro fastening to improve elasticated performance, allowing your feet to feet in perfectly and you can adjust whenever your feet begins to swell for them to feet you comfortably without causing pain and to relieve pressure build-up.
However, if you do not like the slippers with hook and loops, you should therefore settle for the one with opened heels end that will automatically adjust to the pressure of feet for customized fitting and to ensure your feet is well supplied with air to keep your feet cool to maintain the pressure in your feet.
• Padded and soft insole
Ensure that the insole of the slipper is fitted with a thick memory foam that will mold to the contours of your foot for pillow soft comfort to keep your feet comfortable and to relieve pain. This also helps in massaging your toe, heel, and arch to ensure proper blood circulation in your feet and it reduces blood and fluid retention in your feet.
• Anti-slippery soles
This is the most vital factor you should consider because when the slippers are slippers it exposes you to high risks of getting injured which may result in the rapture of muscles tissues leading to internal bleeding that can blockage of veins leading to high blood pressure, retention of fluid and blood in your feet causing the feet to swell. Therefore, choosing a pair of slippers with an anti-slippery sole will help to avoid such unnecessary injuries.
• The breathable upper and inner lining
It is important if your feet are breathing fine to keep them cool and odorless. Therefore, the best slippers for swollen feet its internal and external lining should be breathable or installed with a breathing mechanism to ensure your feet temperature is at balance to reduce the risks of pressure build up in your feet which can result in swelling of your feet.
Best Slippers for Swollen Feet Reviews:
1. Best For Women with Diabetic – LongBay Men’s Memory Foam Slippers For Swollen Feet
LongBay Men’s slippers are the best loafer shoe gift for men with diabetes, arthritis edema, plantar fasciitis, neuropathy, and swollen feet condition since its ergonomically designed with comprehensive features that make them the best.
The sole is made from 100% rubber that is durable, non-skid traction and it is an ultra-soft sport sole making it versatile for indoor and outdoor use. The inner sole is provided with maximum cushioning and support with high-density 80D memory foam and EVA construction to ergonomically cushion every step and slide to keep your feet relaxed against pressure and soothes your foot against common foot pains.
These slippers are designed with a hook and loop strap that is adjustable for easy slip-on, full coverage style and fort customized fitting that completely hugs your feet comfortably for better stability and to adjust to the feet pressure. Then, the upper lining is made of soft velvet material with cozy fuzzy coral to match up with a lot of your outfits and to keep your feet warm while indoors or during the cold seasons and evenings.
Furthermore, these closed-back clogs are available from size 9.5-13 and are also machine washable making caring for them very easy and hassle-free.
2. Best For Flat Feet – Vionic Women’s Open Toe Indulge Relax Slipper with Orthotic Arch Support
Vionic indulge relax slippers is approved by the American podiatric medical association suitable for people with the swollen foot condition. The upper lining and its footbed is textile covered with EVA designation with padded terry to pamper and indulge your feet and keep them relaxed and comfortable.
Besides, it has an adjustable hook and loop strap for customized fitting. The sole of the Vionic slippers is TPR designed with a textile outsole made from 100% synthetic that is durable and non-skidding on all surfaces.
Furthermore, the sole is also designed with vio motion support that is concealed within to support every stride you make on the ground with much comfort and confidence and it provides a full biomechanical contact that conforms to your foot’s natural curve, thereby providing relieving pressure build up in your feet.
3. Best Comfy – Skechers BOBS Women’s Keepsakes Ice Angel Slipper with Plush Foam Footbed For Indoor and Outdoor
Ice Angel slippers are not stretchy but if you get your correct size they are comfortable and it adjusts with your foot pressure for maximum comfort and customized fitting, hence, it is recommendable for women with arthritis and swollen feet condition.
The outsole is made from a sturdy and flexible rubber sole that is durable and can withstand all the outdoor elements, friendly to all surfaces and is gripped to ensure it is non-skid to wet and slippery floors. The footbed is made of plush foam that molds to the contours of your foot for pillow soft comfort to keep your feet comfortable and reduces pressure build-up under your heels, arch and toes.
The inner lining is made of faux fur throughout to keep your feet warm and the upper lining is made of 100% with perforations to supply sufficient air inside; thus, keeping your foot sweat-free and odor-free throughout the day. To maintain it simply throw it inside the machine wash to clean it.
4. Best For Extra Wide Feet – RockDove Women’s Original Two-Tone Slipper with Odor Protection
RockDove two-tone memory slippers are designed with a hand-free and open heel that allows you to slip on your feet inside after a long day wearing you’re your heels at the office, thereby relieving the arch, heels, and toes pressure build-up.
The outsole is made of a durable rubber foam sole that is ant-slippery and waterproof making it suitable for indoor wet tiled surfaces and outdoor lawn. Besides, the insole of these slippers features a memory foam that molds to the contours of your foot for pillow soft comfort to keep your feet comfortable and to relieve pain.
The inner lining of the RockDove slippers is 95% made from cotton material to keep your feet warm during the cold evenings and morning and is 5% spandex to make it expand when the foot pressure increases for customized and comfortable fitting.
The outer lining is waffle knitted to let your foot breathe keeping your slippers sweat-free and odor-free. The other advantage with these slippers you do not need to hand wash it, simply throw them in a machine wash for easy care.
5. Best For Outdoors – Easy Spirit Women’s Traveltime Mule Shoes For Swollen Feet
Traveltime Mule slippers are really designed for women with free spirit since it features an open heel that allows you to slip on and off your feet and you are ready to go and its shaft area provides ample support and it is designed to conform with your feet for customized fitting.
Besides, its socks liners are thickly padded for shock absorption and reduce pressure build-up at the arch, heels, and toes for superior comfort.
The outer sole is made from 100% rubber that is durable and non-slippery; meaning it is friendly to all the floors and grounds making it suitable for both indoor and outdoor use. The upper lining is made from 80% leather for durability and 20% fabric meshed designed to allow enough air supply to your feet to keep your feet fresh during sunny days, thus making life easy for all women.
6. Best For Edema – Git-up Women Soft Slippers with Expandable Velcro Fastening For Seniors
Git-up is one of the best slippers designed for women with swollen foot conditions especially the expectant ones since it is cushioned with a thick memory foam that completely conforms and contours to your feet shape for customized fitting and retain your feet shape.
Besides it also helps to relieve feet pressure build-up and improves your support for healthier posture. The closure of the Git-up slippers features an adjustable and flexible hook and loop for it to adjust to the width of your feet making it an excellent nest for people with arthritis and swollen feet condition.
The slippers sole is manufactured from a durable and anti-skid rubber sole with grips at the bottom making it perfect for indoor and outdoor purposes.
Its upper lining is knitted with soft faux bunny fur to keep your feet warm during the cold season and evenings, to make your feet feel soft and comfortable while walking, and to ensure your feet are supplied with enough air to keep them cool and fresh.
7. Best For Wooden Floors – Foamtreads Men’s Elderly Extra-Depth Large Wool Slippers with Thick Padding
Foamtreads wool slippers are specifically designed for men with swollen feet condition. The slippers sole is made of rubber that is friendly with all floors and does not leave markings behind.
The insole is ergonomically padded with thick memory foam from heel to toe to keep your feet comfortable and for shock absorption, thereby reducing pressure build-up under your feet, toe, and the heels.
Foamtreads slippers are lightweight and their closure is hook-and-loop designed at the instep and at the heel for customized fitting to adjust with foot pressure. You need not worry about the winter season since its upper lining is covered by wool to keep your feet in shape, provides warmth to your feet on cool evenings, and also allows efficient air-flow to your feet.
Furthermore, it is boosted with superior protection against odor, staining, and deterioration from bacteria and you can easily maintain it by hand washing with a mild soap.
Causes of Swollen Feet
Many reasons cause the feet to swell and in most cases, swelling occurs due to the following reasons, these include;
• Excessive body weight, in other words, diabetic. Because it decreases blood circulation in your body leading to fluid buildup in the feet, ankles, and legs.
• Standing or sitting for a long time makes the muscle to relax thereby making it to fail to pump blood and fluid back to the heart; hence, causing blood and water retention in your foot.
• It also occurs if you are suffering from arthritis, diabetes, and while under particular medications such as steroids, estrogen or testosterone, anti-inflammatory drugs, an anti-depressant; these types of drugs can also lead to water retention, causing the feet to swell.
• When you have a blood clot in the leg can block the veins leading to impairing of blood flow; thus causing the feet to swell.
• Natural hormonal changes especially in pregnant women and during the menstrual cycle can cause fluctuation levels of estrogen and progesterone leading to reduced circulation of blood in the legs, resulting in swelling.
• Blockage of the lymphatic system which consists of lymph nodes and blood vessels that help to carry out fluid throughout the body. Therefore, when this system is blocked a lot of blood and water will be retained in the feet leading to its swelling.
• Liver cirrhosis is also another factor because it interferes with the normal functioning of the liver leading to high blood pressure and poor circulation of blood in the feet, legs, and ankles.
• When your veins are also unable to pump blood adequately can also lead to feet swelling due to blood pooling in the leg.
• Too much consumption of salt leads to increased blood pressure and poor circulation of blood, thereby leading to blood and fluid retention in your legs; thus, causing swelling of the feet.
#1. How to avoid swollen feet pain?
Swollen feet pain could be a hell experience that can make you feel uncomfortable at the office, but some ways can help you avoid them. These are;
• Avoid wearing shoes that fit you tightly, stuffy, and uncomfortable without a breathing mechanism.
• You should avoid standing and sitting for an extended period to avoid your muscles from getting relaxed which can cause it to fail in pumping blood and fluids back up to the heart.
• Wear shoes that are gripped to avoid slipping which can cause muscle and tissue rapture which can cause blood clotting leading to pressure build-up and fluid retention in your foot; thus leading to swollen feet pain.
• You should slippers or shoes that are padded with a thick memory foam insole to help in shock absorption and relieve pressure build-up in your heels, arch, and toes.
#2. Can I use slippers for swollen feet for other foot conditions?
Yes. Slippers for swollen feet are ergonomically designed in a way that relieves feet pain for people with diabetes, arthritis edema, plantar fasciitis, neuropathy, and many more since they are capable of reducing pressure build-up and stress in your heels, arch, and toes, and also acts as a shock absorber thereby relieving the pain in your heels and toes. Besides, their insole is cushioned so that it conforms to your foot’s natural curve, thereby relieving pressure build up in your feet.
Swollen foot sometimes is a clear indication that it requires immediate attention especially it mostly matters on the kind of footwear we use daily because they might be the reason behind it. Thus, it is good to have a pair of slippers that are designed for swollen feet to relieve you such burdens and pain.