There’s nothing quite like coming home after a long day of work and slipping into a pair of furry slippers. They’re soft, comfortable, and make you feel at ease. Heck, designers even went a step further and made some cool designs for you to rock outside the house.
But as time goes on, those furry slippers tend to get a little dirty and smelly if you know what I mean. Who knew that cleaning furry slippers could be so complicated?
If you’re struggling to keep your slippers clean and fresh, don’t worry – we’re here to help. In this article, we’ll provide you with a few tips on how to clean furry slippers quickly and easily. We hope you find this information helpful!
Recommend reading: What You Must Know on Cleaning All Sorts of Slippers
-Scrub brush (and optionally an old toothbrush)
How to Clean Furry Slippers?
- If you have been with the slippers outside and they have some debris on them, simply take the brush and use it to scrub off the dirt from the fur.
- Next, mix together water and dish soap. You should then take the brush or sponge and gently scrub your slippers until all the stains disappear. This is where the toothbrush comes in. Simply use that to clean those hard-to-reach places.
- Rince the slippers in clean water
- Mix together one part vinegar and one part water and soak the slippers in the mixture for about an hour and a half for them to completely soak up the solution.
- Sprinkle some of the baking soda on the slippers and let them sit for the night.
- Once this is done, rinse the slippers off in another batch of clean water.
- You then dab the excess water using your towel.
- You should then set the slippers outside where it is sunny or next to a heater for them to properly dry.
You now have some fresh furry slippers.
Here are a few tips for keeping your furry slippers clean.
- First, try to avoid getting them wet. If they do get wet, make sure to dry them off completely before putting them away or wearing them. This stops the development of bad smells.
- You can also try spraying them with a fabric protector before you wear them.
- You can use deodorant balls to keep them smelling fresh.
- Wash the slippers often to avoid the accumulation of dirt and stench.
- It is advisable to have more than one pair. This is a great thing considering you will have to wait sometime after cleaning before they completely dry off. Another pair means that you will have a spare for such times.
Fur slippers are a popular winter footwear choice, but they can be difficult to keep clean. If they aren’t cleaned regularly, they can become matted and stained.
Clean them regularly to avoid accumulated dirt and prevent permanent staining. Use the above tips to make them last longer and remain comfortable.