Last Updated on May 8, 2021
Podiatrists always advise patients to take care of their feet. One way to do that is to use a comfortable pair of slippers. And not just any slipper – try using one that comes with arch support.
These slippers keep your ankle and foot in the correct position, thus preventing your feet from taking too much pressure as you walk around the house.
Wanting the most comfortable arch support slippers for men? Check here:
Designed for flat feet and plantar fasciitis: Orthofeet Leather Slippers
Perfect for both indoor and outdoor use: Vionic Men’s Irving Adler Slipper
Effectively relieve foot pain with soft design: ERGOfoot Orthotic Slippers
Best choice for narrow and slim feet: Hanes Men’s Indoor Outdoor Slipper
Most comfortable for work and home: RockDove Men’s Original Two-Tone Slipper
Why Special Slippers for Arch Support Are Important for Men?
The easiest answer to this question is because these slippers make your feet comfortable.
- Men usually wear tight-fitting shoes to their offices. Their feet need to breathe and relax when they come home.
- Slippers with arch support distribute your feet’ pressure evenly and also align your body. They don’t cramp your fingers for space.
- Moreover, you don’t experience the discomfort that you may feel while wearing tight-fitting shoes throughout the day. The slippers prevent your feet and back from aching as they provide appropriate support at the right places.
How Will Slippers with High Arch Support Help with Plantar Fasciitis?
Plantar fasciitis is a common injury among men related to repetitive strain injuries on the foot’s ligament. It can happen due to inappropriate footgear, sudden jerk to your feet while jumping, or excessive walking and running.
Doctors often recommend men wearing slippers with high arch support to bypass the effects of plantar fasciitis.
First of all, your feet need more support than cushioning to deal with plantar fasciitis injuries. The more support, the more comfortable you feel.
Most importantly, these slippers come with cushioning in the midfoot and extra rigidity in the sole to prevent impact on your heels where you experience maximum discomfort due to plantar fasciitis.
Most of these high arch support slippers also have a firm heel counter. They minimize feet stretching because of plantar fasciitis, thus reducing pain and inflammation over time.
Additionally, these slippers provide the least impact on your feet when you step on a hard surface.
For example, you may feel uncomfortable climbing stairs due to plantar fasciitis.
But wearing slippers with high arch support can make a world of difference. They restrict your feet’ range of motion to prevent feeling uncomfortable while walking or climbing on a hard surface.
Under What Conditions Do Men Need Slippers For Arch Support?
Men with plantar fasciitis or any chronic feet condition may wear slippers with arch support. It’s best if you consult with your podiatrist first. Slippers with arch support alleviate persistent pain symptoms and help in your feet’ recovery.
Sometimes men require a nice, relaxing pair of slippers that offer stability and balance to their feet. Arch support slippers are incredible if you need to improve your posture or gait.
Podiatrists believe that they can lessen your foot pain related to lack of proper support and imbalance.
Consistent foot pain may take a toll on your hips also. If you don’t attend to your foot problems now, you may experience back pain within a few weeks.
- Arch support slippers target the areas that cause pain. They offer specialized support to your feet to alleviate the pain and discomfort. This is especially beneficial for those with plantar fasciitis.
In fact, not paying attention to plantar fasciitis symptoms may lead to your arches collapsing. The specialized slippers won’t let that happen. They support your feet from various angles to reduce those symptoms and slowly drive the pain away permanently.
Best Men’s Slippers for Arch Support Reviews
1. Orthofeet Arch Support Orthopedic Men’s Leather Slippers
(For flat feet and plantar fasciitis)
This pair of slippers is ideal for people with foot pain, heel pain, or plantar fasciitis. They are lightweight and have an ergonomic design.
• Extended width to reduce joint pressure – Their extended widths provide a therapeutic effect to your feet, helping alleviate your joint stress and feet pain.
• Guaranteed comfort – You get a 60-day money-back guarantee if you don’t feel comfortable wearing these slippers.
• Perfect for diabetics and foot pain – The soft uppers and smooth interior lining with extra foam padding offer superior comfort. You can wear them if you have diabetes, plantar fasciitis, or need neuropathy.
2. Vionic Men’s Irving Adler Slipper
(For Indoor and outdoor use)
These slippers are best if you want to wear them at home or outside. Its durable rubber sole comes with American Podiatric Medical Association certification. The faux shearling lining keeps your feet dry and cozy.
• Most comfortable for foot pain – The suede upper and faux shearling footbed make the slipper one of the most comfortable for people with foot pain.
• Provides stability for your heel – It has a deep heel cup that offers ultimate arch support and stability. The ball-of-foot cushioning helps to realign your stride properly.
• Perfect for indoor and outdoor – It comes with three-zone comfort technology, providing a hugging feeling when you walk around.
3. ERGOfoot Orthotic Slippers with Arch Support
(Effectively relieve foot pain for bedroom)
This is one of the best slippers for men with plantar fasciitis. Its deep heel cup and orthopedic footbed offer maximum heel and arch support to relieve plantar fasciitis pain.
• Allows you to wear it on tile floors – These slippers have a rubber outsole that allows you to wear them both inside and outside your house. The wave pattern tread offers traction to ensure safety while walking.
• Effectively reduce heel pain– They are made from cationic polyester fabric with soft silver fox lining to reduce stress from your heels and ankles.
• Designed for people with arch pain – Its ERGOfoot arch support gets rid of heel pain, arch pain, and foot pain successfully.
4. Hanes Men’s Closed Back Indoor Outdoor Slipper
(For narrow and slim feet)
These slippers have thick memory foam padding and offer a custom fit for maximized support.
• Reduces sweat and smelly – Its Hanes Fresh IQ advance odor protection technology doesn’t allow your feet to smell even if you wear these slippers for hours.
• Can wear outdoors – It has a durable and gripped sole, allowing you to wear the slippers inside and outside your house.
• Pretty simple to wash – Apart from washing with your hands, you can wash these slippers in your washing machine also.
5. RockDove Men’s Original Two-Tone Memory Foam Slipper
(Most comfortable for work and home)
This is a budget-friendly arch support slipper with a secure heel collar to prevent the slipper from slipping away. Its memory foam insole contours your feet and pampers them after a hard day at work.
• Most breathable for sweaty and smelly feet – Its waffle-knit upper helps your feet breathe. They also make your feet sweat and smell-free.
• Brings comfy to your heel and feet – The insole offers a pillow-like feeling to your feet, thus offering the rest it needs.
• It lasts long for both indoor and outdoor use – Its rubber sole lets you use the slippers at home and outside.
6. Dearfoams Men’s Closed Back Orthopedic Slipper
(Most breathable for smelly feet)
This slipper contains 10% spandex and 90% polyester. It sits tightly on your feet and alleviates feet pain symptoms efficiently.
• Perfect choice for hiking – The lightweight construction and breathable micro wool upper offer utmost comfort to your feet.
• Alleviate your foot pain – Its All Day Comfort System provides the best arch support to ensure your foot pain recedes over time.
• Keep you from slippery – Its synthetic sole with anti-skid bottom prevents you from slipping or tripping while walking around the house.
7. Spenco Men’s Spenco Men’s Supreme Slipper with Heel Support
(Keep your feet warm in cold winters)
Made with 100% faux fur and leather, this pair of slippers keep your feet warm and cozy, while also supporting them to reduce plantar fasciitis pain.
• Perfect choice for work from home – Its metatarsal dome insole alleviates forefoot pressure. The high-heel arch support ensures that you don’t feel uncomfortable wearing these slippers.
• Can be used on slippery floors – It has a synthetic non-slip and anti-skid sole that allows you to wear the slippers on any type of slippery surface, such as marble or tile floors.
• Relax your feet effectively – There is a deep heel cupping support to prevent your arches from straining after a long day at work.
8. Isotoner Men’s Zenz Activate Heather Knit Closed Back Slippers
(Most lightweight and durable)
This is one of the most stylish, comfortable, and versatile arch support slippers for men. It is lightweight and durable, making the slipper worth every penny you spend.
• Suitable for long hours use – Its “better than memory foam” technology offers the ultimate comfort to your heels and arches. Once you slip onto these slippers, it’s very hard to take them out because of their comfort level.
• Compatible with all sorts of feet – The Revolutionary Everywear sole offers long-lasting arch support. Its compression-resistant ensures that your midfoot, heels, and arches sit comfortably inside these slippers.
• Gives sleek look – Its sleek and modern design makes it a stylish slipper for everyday use.
9. Vionic Men’s Bridges Alfons Mule Sipper
(Designed for swollen and wide feet)
It comes with Vionic’s three-zone comfort technology, delivering essential support to your feet. The slippers conform to your feet’ natural curves and support them to prevent foot pain.
• Superior comfort – Its faux shearling orthotic footbed offers superior comfort as soon as you slip into these slippers.
• Softest for hard heels – The slippers have suede uppers and faux fur shearling lining. They are one of the softest arch support slippers in the market right now.
• Long lasting and comfortable – It comes with the American Podiatric Medical Association seal of acceptance.
10. ULTRAIDEAS Men’s Cozy Memory Foam Moccasin Slippers
Its minimalist design makes the slipper stand out from the rest. The delicate logo, concise striped knitting upper, and traditional whip-stitched toes make the slipper look unique.
• Designed for wet floors – Its dual elastic gores prevent the slippers from slipping away when you walk on slippery surfaces or up and down the stairs.
• Moisture wicking for smelly feet – The breezy jersey knit fabric with high-density resilient memory foam insole makes the slippers breathable.
• Super easy to wash and clean – Its quality materials make the slippers durable. You can both machine wash and hand wash these slippers and extend their longevity.
How to Pick the Best Pair of Men’s Arch Support Slippers?
Here are a few factors to keep in mind before buying your first pair of men’s arch support slippers:
• Raised heel design
Raised heel design provides support to your heels. Additionally, they come with midfoot cushioning so that you feel comfortable while walking. The more support your heel gets, the better you tackle plantar fasciitis pain.
• Indoor and outdoor use
Sometimes, podiatrists recommend people wearing arch support slippers both at home and outside. Make sure the slippers you buy provide enough support both when you use them at home and on the streets. It’s not wise to buy two different slippers with different arch support for indoor and outdoor use.
If you don’t want to use the same slippers in two places, buy two different pairs.
• Types of soles
Talk to your podiatrist about the type of soles you need. Custom orthotics mold into the exact shape of your arch and feet. They are usually firm and are aggressive on your arches. You can change their thickness, length, and width. These soles are made of silicone and not plastic.
- Over-the-counter soles come with pre-molded arch supports available in various arch sizes. The most common are medium and high arches. You can also use a met pad for added forefoot pressure.
- Full-length orthotic soles have removable insoles. However, they are ideal for athletic shoes. They provide extra cushioning and protection because you need to run frequently.
- Memory foam insoles are thick and full in length. You can attach it to your slippers for better arch support.
• Comfort level
Arch support slippers aren’t like any other slipper that you can buy without thinking twice.
It’s important to measure your feet size accurately before buying this type of slippers.
It’s best if you consult with a podiatrist before buying one of these slippers so that you know which type of sole will suit your feet. Most importantly, the podiatrist will guide you with the amount of heel support you need according to the pain you experience.
Arch support slippers are usually not difficult to maintain. You need to hand wash them with warm water and mild soap.
Check the cleaning instructions of the manufacturer before buying. This will ensure that your slippers last for years and prevent you from buying another pair frequently.
It’s not too difficult to choose an appropriate pair of arch support slippers for men. You just need to keep the factors mentioned above in mind and select from the list of high-quality slippers here. They are from reputable brands and will make every penny worth it.
If having flat feet or want one to alleviate plantar fasciitis, the Orthofeet Leather Slippers is your best choice.
For men with slim or narrow feet, get the Hanes Men’s Indoor Outdoor Slipper.
However, what we like the most is RockDove Men’s Original Two-Tone Slipper, for it is the most comfortable for home or for work from home use.
You May Also Need: